Advancing the Digital Economy for Sustainable Growth in Asia
About the Course
This lecture depicts the Asian digital landscape, overviews the role of the digital economy in promoting inclusive and sustainable growth, and identifies policies needed to advance the digital economy in Asia. It is divided into 2 units:
Unit 1: E-Commerce in Asia
- E-commerce development in Asia
- Promoting e-commerce in rural areas
- E-commerce and entrepreneurship
Unit 2: Fintech and Financial Inclusion
- Fintech development in Asia
- Fintech and financial inclusion for households and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- Fintech regulation
Build understanding of Asia’s digital landscape, particularly e-commerce and fintech development; assess the impact of the digital economy on poverty reduction and inclusive and sustainable growth; and identify policies that can promote digital economy growth while maintaining financial stability.
How to Complete this e-Course
- Watch 3 short video lessons
- Review open access learning materials
- Submit an Evaluation Form
- Certificate issued upon completion of course requirements
- Amstad, M., B. Huang, P. J. Morgan, and S. Shirai, eds. 2019. Central Bank Digital Currency and Fintech in Asia. Tokyo: ADBI Press.
- Lee, D., Chuen, K., and R. H. Deng, eds. 2017. Handbook of Blockchain, Digital Finance and Inclusion, Volume 1: Cryptocurrency, FinTech, InsurTech, and Regulation. Academic Press.
- Lee, D., Chuen, K., and R. H. Deng, eds. 2017. Handbook of Blockchain, Digital Finance and Inclusion, Volume 2: ChinaTech, Mobile Security, and Distributed Ledger. Academic Press.