Financial Integration in Southeast Asia
About the Course
This lecture examines financial integration, including how it is defined and measured. It also presents a case study of financial integration in Southeast Asia (Association of Southeast Asian Nations—ASEAN).
This lecture will help learners understand the main concepts of financial integration, drawing upon specific regional examples.
How to Complete this e-Course
- Watch 3 short video lessons
- Review assigned open access reading materials
- Submit an Evaluation Form
- Certificate issued upon completion of course requirements
- Agenor, P.R. 2003. Benefits and Costs of International Financial Integration: Theory and Facts. Oxford, United Kingdom: Blackwell Publishing.
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). 2012. ASEAN Economic Community 2025 Strategic Action Plans (SAPs) for Financial Integration from 2016-2015.
- Asian Development Bank and ASEAN. 2013. The Road to ASEAN Financial Integration: A Combined Study on Assessing the Financial Landscape and Formulating Milestones for Monetary and Financial Integration in ASEAN. Manila: Asian Development Bank.
- Almekinders, G., S. Fukuda, A. Mourmouras, J. Zhou, and Y.S. Zhou. 2015. ASEAN Financial Integration. IMF Working Paper, WP/15/34. Washington, DC: International Monetary Fund.