Green Investments: Renewable Energy
About the Course
This course examines investment in renewable energy and renewable energy policies. It is divided into 3 units:
Unit 1: Investments in Renewable Energy (12 minutes)
- Global trends
- Private investment
Unit 2: The Role of Government Policies (23 minutes)
- Government renewable energy policies
- Measuring the impact of these policies on private investments
Unit 3: Sources of Renewable Energy Financing (5 minutes)
- Private sources
- Public sources
- Better understand renewable energy investment trends
- Examine fiscal and financial policy instruments for promoting private investment in renewable energy
- Explore public and private sources of renewable energy financing
How to Complete this Course
- Watch 3 short video lessons
- Review open access reading materials
- Pass a multiple-choice test with a score of 8/10 or higher
- Answer 2 brief feedback questions
- Certificate issued upon completion of course requirements
- Azhgaliyeva, D., Z. Kapsalyamova, and L. Low. 2019. Implications of Fiscal and Financial Policies. ADBI Working Paper 861. Tokyo: ADBI.
- Azhgaliyeva, D. 2019. Feed-in Tariffs and Loans for Boosting Private Investment in Renewable Energy. Asia Pathways. 25 October.
- Frankfurt School-UNEP Centre/Bloomberg New Energy Finance. 2019. Global Trends in Renewable Energy Investment 2019. Frankfurt: Frankfurt School of Finance & Management gGmbH.
- Azhgaliyeva D, M. Belitski, Y. Kalyuzhnova, and M. Romanov. 2018. Renewable Energy Policy Instruments: An Empirical Evaluation of Effectiveness. International Journal of Technology Intelligence and Planning, 12(1): 24–48.
- IEA/IRENA Global Renewable Energy Policies and Measures.
- UN Environment and the World Bank Group. 2017. Roadmap for a Sustainable Financial System.