Inclusive Digital Economies and Gender Equality Playbook
1 hour and 3 minutes
About the Course
Co-produced by the Asian Development Bank Institute and United Nations Capital Development Fund, this course describes common constraints faced by women in developing markets, how technology use can promote gender-inclusive digital economies, and practical solutions for achieving breakthroughs.
The course consists of 4 units:
Unit 1: Introduction to United Nations Capital Development Fund and Playbook Orientation (20 minutes)
Unit 2: Women’s Skills, Access, and Usage of Infrastructure (18 minutes)
Unit 3: Policy and Regulation (12 minutes)
Unit 4: Women and Innovation (13 minutes)
- Better understand market challenges faced by women in least developed and emerging economies
- Highlight digital solutions for building gender-inclusive economic opportunities
- Detail market approaches for decreasing the digital and financial divide for women and girls
- Provide a starting point for policy dialogue and development at a country and program-level.
How to Complete this e-Course
- Watch 4 short video lessons
- Review open access reading materials
- Successfully pass quiz with a score of 8/10 or higher
- Answer feedback questions
- Certificate with unique ID will be issued upon completion of course requirements
Nandini Harihareswara, Senior Advisor on Gender Equality and Women’s Economic Empowerment, United Nations Capital Development Fund
UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF). 2019. Leaving No One Behind in the Digital Era. New York: UNCDF.
UNCDF. 2021. How Do We Make Women Builders of the Digital Economy? 25 February.
UCDF Capital Musings Podcasts on Women’s Economic Empowerment:
- 2019. #4 The Difference between Women’s Economic Empowerment and Women’s Economic Development. Podcast.
- 2020. #10 Leaving No Woman Behind in the Digital Era. Podcast.
- 2020. #11 Why Women's Economic Empowerment Requires Digital Payments? Podcast.
Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion (GPFI). 2020. Advancing Women’s Digital Financial Inclusion. Paris: GPFI.
UNCDF. 2021. Reaching Financial Equality for Women. New York: UNCDF.
UNCDF. 2021. Reaching Financial Equality for Women.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). 2021. Overcoming Exclusion in Digital Economies. Paris: OECD.
World Bank. Entrepreneurship Database.
World Bank. 2018. The Global Findex Database 2017. Washington, DC: World Bank.
World Bank. 2021. Addressing Gender Norms to Increase Financial Inclusion: Designing for Impact. Washington, DC: World Bank.