Introduction to Sustainable Development in Asia and the Pacific
About the Course
This lecture is a brief introduction to Asia’s economic outlook, growth challenges, and keys to sustainable and inclusive development. Policy priorities touched upon include infrastructure, productivity, disaster resilience, social protection, and financial inclusion.
- Identify the short- and long-term challenges for Asian economies
- Better understand the policies and approaches needed to enhance macroeconomic management in the region
How to Complete this Course
- Watch a short video lesson
- Submit an evaluation form
- Certificate issued upon completion of the course requirements
- Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI). ADBI Capacity Building and Training.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB). 2019. Meeting Asia’s Infrastructure Needs. Manila: ADB.
- International Labour Organization (ILO). 2017. World Social Protection Report 2017–19: Universal Social Protection to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. International Labour Organization.
- Lin, J. L.-F., P. Morgan, and G. Wan. 2018. Slowdown in the People’s Republic of China: Structural Factors and the Implications for Asia. Tokyo: Asian Development Bank Institute.
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific. 2015. Disasters in Asia and the Pacific: 2015 Year in Review. UNESCAP.