Rights and Obligations in E-commerce
1 hour 17 minutes
About the Course
Ecommerce laws serve a double purpose—to protect businesses and to protect their customers by creating rights and obligations for both. This course provides a coherent overview of legislations regulating e-commerce, examining compliance guidelines to ensure fair and honest business practices, as well as to better inform consumers.
It explains the rights business and consumers have and the obligations these laws create.
This course consists of 3 units:
Unit 1: Introduction to E-commerce Laws and Regulations (23 minutes)
Unit 2: E-commerce Businesses’ Rights and Obligations (25 minutes)
Unit 3: Consumer Rights and Obligations (29 minutes)
- Gain basic understanding of national laws and international instruments shaping the regulation of e-commerce globally and in the Asia-Pacific Region.
- Better understand rights and obligations related to the setting up and operating an e-commerce business, through the example of Cambodia.
- Learn about consumer safety, rights, and dispute resolution in e-commerce.
How to Complete this e-Course
- Watch 3 video lessons.
- Review open access reading materials
- Successfully pass quiz with a score of 8/10 or higher
- Answer feedback questions
- Certificate with unique ID will be issued upon completion of course requirements
Dr. Dalma R. Demeter, LLM, SJD, GCTE, Independent International Consultant Law Academic
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). 2019. ASEAN Agreement on Electronic Commerce. Jakarta: ASEAN Secretariat.
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). 2021. ASEAN Online Business Code of Conduct. Jakarta: ASEAN Secretariat.
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP). 2018. Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific. Bangkok: UNESCAP.
- United Nations Commission On International Trade Law (UNCITRAL). 1996. Model Law on Electronic Commerce. Vienna: UNCITRAL.
- United Nations Commission On International Trade Law (UNCITRAL). UNCITRAL Model Law on Electronic Signatures. Vienna: UNCITRAL.
- United Nations Commission On International Trade Law (UNCITRAL). 2017. UNCITRAL Model Law on Electronic Transferrable Records. Vienna: UNCITRAL.
- Kingdom of Cambodia, Ministry of Commerce. 2021. Law on Electronic Commerce
- Kingdom of Cambodia, Ministry of Commerce. 2019. Cambodian Law on Consumer Protection