Private Financing for Infrastructure and Sustainable Growth
About the Course
Infrastructure growth is increasingly crucial to economic development in Asia and the Pacific, yet private sector financing of new infrastructure projects is often limited due to high risks and low rates of return on such investments. This lecture describes new methods for attracting private investment in infrastructure. It also examines the importance of small and medium enterprises toward enhancing the impact of infrastructure investment in the region and the role big data-driven credit ratings and hometown investment trust funds can play in raising access to finance within the sector.
Build understanding of new methods for igniting private sector infrastructure investment and small and medium enterprises financing access needed to deepen the impact of infrastructure projects.
How to Complete this Course
- Watch 3 short video lessons
- Review assigned open access reading materials
- Submit an Evaluation Form on course key points
- Certificate issued upon completion of course requirements
- Naoyuki Yoshino, Matthias Helble, and Umid Abidhadjaev. 2018. “Financing Infrastructure in Asia and The Pacific-Capturing Impacts and New Sources.”
- Yoshino, Naoyuki and Farhad Taghizadeh-Hesary. 2015. “Analysis of Credit Risk for SMEs: Evidence from Asia.” Asian Development Review, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 18–37.
- Yoshino, Naoyuki and Peter Morgan. 2016. “Overview of Financial Inclusion, Regulation, and Education.” Asian Development Bank Institute, ADBI Working Paper Series, No. 591 September 2016.
- Yoshino, Naoyuki and Farhad Taghizadeh-Hesary. 2017. “Solutions for SMEs’ difficulties in accessing finance: Asian experiences.” Asian Development Bank Institute, ADBI Working Paper Series, No. 768 August 2016.
- Yoshino, Naoyuki and Umid Abidhajaev. 2015. “An Impact Evaluation of Investment in Infrastructure: The Case of the Railway Connection in Uzbekistan.” Asian Development Bank Institute, ADBI Working Paper Series, No. 548 October 2015.
- Yoshino, Naoyuki and Victor Pontines. 2015. “The “Highway Effect” on Public Finance: Case of the STAR Highway in the Philippines.” Asian Development Bank Institute, ADBI Working Paper Series, No. 549 November 2015.
- Yoshino, Naoyuki and Umid Abidhajaev. 2016. “Impact of Infrastructure Investment on Tax: Estimating Spillover Effects of the Kyushu High-Speed Rail Line in Japan on Regional Tax Revenue.” Asian Development Bank Institute, ADBI Working Paper Series, No. 574 May 2016.